Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Visions

Awhile back I encountered a customer who desperately needed a car.  While we were conversing, I had a strange feeling come over me. It took me a few minutes to realize that he reminded me of someone very familiar and then it hit me.  He had a similarity with the father in BIG FISH.  This movie was so touching, I couldn’t believe how soaked my shirt was with tears.  Anyway, this guy’s name was so difficult to pronounce I spent the whole time calling him “Mr.” The conversation lasted for an hour. Yet somehow I couldn’t remember how he stepped in my office; all I can think of was the look on his face when I got up to entertain him.  Usually, I don’t spend that much time in the office but I had to work on some papers.  His face was exuberant enough to make me smile back, which rarely happens to me by the way.

The reason why I’m taking this into account is because this man made me feel bright.  I am considerably happy and fulfilled career-wise but on this particular day, I felt so at ease, and the feeling of peace continued on for a week.

All these conflicts, scandals, anger, and other negative things around us are built to suffocate us.  I believe a man deserves genuine happiness and the more we see and experience the pain of others, the more we drown together with it.  I know that this specific instance in my life may not be significant enough for other people to change their views in life but fact of the matter is that we all need something to emancipate us from this crippled world.  Not to sound cynical but do we really think the world is a better place right now?  If we are aggravated by climate change, child labor, poverty, and bad politics, among others, let alone the darkness and filth of the ground we’re stepping on.

0 comments: