Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Conscious Effort

Pollution exist side by side our own existence. It has come to the point where our lifestyle contributes to the many factors in the pollution build-up of our planet. It has come to the point that in order for our economic systems to thrive, industries and business of all scale and sizes contributes to pollution. Being a businessman and a family man, the whole lot of this concerns me.


You know how many people cut out coupons on Sunday newspapers?  A lot. And that is the main reason why business owners use coupons as part of their marketing strategy. It works. They get to bring their business to their markets and still give their customers value. This is what Koopons is about. It is an electronic generating coupon system for restaurants. People just have to sign in to the website and select deals they like and key in to their mobile phones to avail of their freebies or deals. The best part is once they receive the text message, they actually have the option to use it for themselves or forward it to their family and friends. With this technology, customers have nothing to forget to bring because like anyone else will attest, we hardly ever forget our mobile phones. For restaurant owners, they reach a lot and with the potential of viral marketing, with minimal cost.

I like the idea. I love it. And reading more about it makes me want to have that kind of technology for the kind of business I am in too. Well, I guess I will just have to settle with the little I can do. I can teach my kids to dispose of their trash responsibly and to consume responsibly. I can encourage other people to support innovations such as this one.

0 comments: