Monday, February 8, 2010

A Day with a Strange Woman

There I was, standing amidst a youthful crowd with cheerful smiles. I don’t know why I was even there but I met this person who I’m supposed to train and all that. But she’s just really childish and I can’t stand the look in her face when she sees balloons. I’m guessing she’s in her middle 20s because my wife did the same.

I don’t mean to be political about this matter but women are just so confusing. My wife Terry would do this every morning, leaving me clueless and ending up the bad guy because she thinks I don’t pay attention. Well, ladies? If you want us to pay attention you better make up your minds. If women are known to be fickle-minded, men are known to be pricks so whoever gets the stand should voice out now and fast because I’m getting tired already.

Going back to this woman, we were attending a mass car show and I had to teach her the ways in handling a car rental business, taught her that the first rule is to be familiar about cars so she went with me. But unfortunately, she was distracted by a group of guys singing a few yards away from us. A lot of her age were there screaming the band’s group which I don’t remember and surprisingly, she waved at me to join her and the rest of those youngsters. I don’t mean to sound like a person who lives an obsolete life but the music was just not ringing in my ears. Apparently, there was another guy standing beside me with a similar reaction so I asked him if he knew the band. He said NO and that was enough to end the conversation because I knew he was suffering the same thing. Although, I didn’t know who he was with, I just pretended that I had a phone call and slid away from the crowd. I went back to the car show area and kept a big distance to that disturbing place.

After that day, I assigned someone to brief the woman and strongly suggested that she be kept away from bands and balloons.

0 comments: